10 things you need to know about book design
AND the 10 most common mistakes made in self-publishing
and how to avoid them
Book Design Ltd is a design studio with a passion for books. Now based in Birkenhead, on Auckland’s North Shore, Book Design has been designing and producing books for 20 years. We work with the mainstream publishers in New Zealand, and have helped an increasing number of self-publishers get their work into print or online as an ebook.
We are presenting a workshop on Saturday 1st March
from 10am–4pm, in our Birkenhead studio
Aimed at self-publishers, indie writers and aspiring novelists
If you have a manuscript in your top draw, or an idea in progress, have been published already or are a newbie and unsure what to do next, this workshop is for you.
The day will cover
- which parts you can do yourself, and where you’ll need professional help
- the importance of an editor and proofreader
- print books and ebooks, the pros and cons of each
- understanding ISBN’s and barcodes
- cover design and the essentials about this important page
- layout design and making the page look great
- print and digital alternatives: ebooks and apps
- distribution for print books and ebooks
- marketing and social media
This first session is limited to a maximum of 8 people. We are offering this day at an introductory price of $75, half of the session price later in the year.
If you are interested act quickly – first come, first served – the 8 places will fill up fast.
Any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 480 9900 and ask for Dexter.
Lunch will be provided.